Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Mom

Monday was my mom's birthday. So today her and I went out to lunch at the Olive Garden. It was great. I actually ate an entire meal of chicken alfredo. That's an accomplishment for me.
Here's me and my mom celebrating her 49 years!


Some of my favorite things about my mom are: She laughs a lot and says funny things (For instance when I asked the waitress to take our picture my mom offered to double her tip if she refused, doesn't that crack you up?) I think that my mom is genuine, she tries to make everything great for everyone elses special days. And she is my mom. Happy Birthday Mom. I love you!

On another note, I also got some new shoes today. It was a tough choice. I was debating between a pair of Clarks and a pair of Steve Maddens. It finally came down to practicality. The Steve Maddens had no tread meaning in the winter I won't be able to walk...which after our winter storm will be a problem. So I got the Clarks. What do you think?


And finally, here's the ever growing me....Last Friday marked 16 weeks and I weighed in at 128 lbs!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

To my dear, true and wonderful friend Samara:

Yep - love the shoes......
Also, love the photo of you and your Mom - (I can't wait to meet her someday - Happy Birthday to her)! And yes, love the photo of you and growing baby Postuma. Can't wait for baby either......
Thanks for sharing all your news.
Love,
Dianne

Anonymous said...

Samara, very nice. Most people would not believe mom is your mom she looks way to young wouldn't you say ?

Also, I thought we agreed to Baby TILKENS.

love you-------Dadio's

Anonymous said...

happy birthday mrs. tilkens! maybe i'll get to see you and tell you in person when i visit the great state of MN next week! i'm so excited to see all of you and especially baby postuma/tilkens.

Anonymous said...

Hey gorgeous...

Good choice with the shoes, stylish and sensible...just like you. Surprise, surprise.

Love the pictures of you and the new baby...can't wait for that special little bundle to come along. What fun we'll have :)

Happy "engagement" anniversary...funny to think that it was just two years ago that you and Jeff were in Greece with me for Thanksgiving. It was so wonderful!!!

Love you much...Malegan