Monday, November 27, 2006

Tis the Season


We've really been in the decorating mode the last week or so. Here's our progress so far:



Like I said in a previous post, we do not believe in or celebrate Santa Claus. Some people think that we ruin the fun or are humbugs but it's just something that I never did growing up and as a couple we have decided is not something we would like to raise our children with. There are so many other rich experiences we want them to have. So though we do not do Santa, we do celebrate St. Nicholas Day...a mixture of European culture, we celebrate that St. Nick comes and fills the stockings. The kids know that J and I are "St. Nick" and we have a fun time filling their stockings with little token gifts...so fun. We will celebrate this year on December 5th. The holiday usually falls on the 5th or the 6th depending on the German Calendar. If you are curious about St. Nick you can read more about it here.

Celebrating St. Nick day seperate from Christmas Day but as part of the Holiday season seems to help us seperate what the true meaning of Christmas is...


And here is H, who I just was saying doesn't bother the tree or the presents underneath...proved me wrong.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The house is beginning to look quite festive. And good job Henry, Grandma told mommy that you would get there eventually. May have to tie the tree to the wall.

Lindahl News 2 said...

Your lovely home sure looks like Christmas is coming! Looking through the front door makes your tree look about 20 feet tall..almost as tall as the tree in the Walnut Room! Little Henry working on those packages is a sight to behold. May you and yours have a very blessed holiday season!

Melissa said...

mmmmm, i love cozy homes at Christmastime. time to get my own halls decked! unfortunately a week in cali and then a hectic thanksgiving didn't do much to inspire me. you have, though - thanks! :)

Auntie said...

Your House looks very inviting..
I'm fianlly starting on ours..
I love Christmas.
You go Henry get all those gifts open so mommy can rewrap them LOL

Love you
Aunt Laurie