Sunday, December 31, 2006

Simplicity's Year in Review

January: We picked a theme for the nursery. I went to Hinckley for a scrapbook weekend. T turned 7.

February: My father in law turned 75!!!I flew to Chicago to visit Abbie, attend Laura's wedding shower and accompany my sister to her North Park audition.

March: We had many visitors: Abbie and Chris, Laura, Anne and Jed. We prepared our final preparations on Baby's nursery. My mom graciously did the painting. M turned 5 and I turned 24.

April: H was born! And J and I celebrated our two year anniversary.

May: H had his first sleepover at Gammi and Gampi's. Madison graduated from preschool.

June: H and I went with Jeff to Brainerd. Adrianne graduated from high school. H and I went with Grandma to Green Bay.

July: We travelled to Charlotte, NC for Laura and Steve's wedding. We travelled to Chicago for Anne and Jed's wedding. I was finally published!!! J turned 33.

August: The summer started winding down. We had our second hail storm in two years resulting in new siding, roof work, gutters...

September: I made a new blogging friend over at Suburban Turmoil. I borrowed one of her essays on my blog. M started kindergarten and T started 2nd grade. We remembered September 11, Five Years Later. I helped by participating in the 2996 project. We had a carseat election. And M went missing one day.

October: My biggest blogging month yet. H was dedicated. Abbie came in to town to help celebrate. You learned 100 things about me. I wrote about the Mommy Wars.

November: We celebrated my mom's 50th in style. T was student of the month. J and I celebrated four years together. Madison and I had our annual trip to the Lost City.

December: My first focus group. First snow. We got Speedy PT!

Which brings me to today...New Years Eve. ON this last day of 2006, us Minnesotans are being buried in snow! 6-10 inches!!! Yikes!
I am just loving staying inside and cuddling with this boy...
What can I say, he just LOVES his mommy!

Goodbye 2006, Hello 2007. Here's to a new year...more changes, more blogging and more life.

Happy New Year to You and Yours!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I should mention that while Samara was cuddling with her boy, her other boy was shoveling the 6-10 inches of snow. Oh, did I mention our snowblower does not work? Goal for 2007...a new snowblower

Jed and Anne said...

Happy New Year's Eve Samara! What a year you have had! I can't wait to talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

What a year you all had. Enjoy them.Relish them.Now is the time you can appreciate how blessed you all are.Love you all and happy new years.Dadio

Anonymous said...

happy new year to the postuma family! i can't wait to see what 2007 brings for you! i'm excited to make some new memories with you!

love you all!
abbie