Dull
Just when you thought my life was getting boring. Ha!
5:00am J's alarm goes off.
5:30am J leaves for work.
6:15am My alarm goes off. I wake up M. T's alarm goes off.
6:30am H is now awake and looking worse than yesterday..uh oh!
6:35am I walk down the hallway to find T sprawled on the couch with a bucket.
Me: "What's wrong?"
T: "My tummy hurts. I think I'm going to throw up."
Me: "Stay put, you're not going to school."
6:40am While making phone calls re: H's hives, M informs me that it is 'Yellow' day at school. She is dressed in pink pants and a pink shirt.
6:45am Dig in M's dresser to find a t-shirt that has yellow on it...the closest I can find for today. She is upset as she has a summer dress that is yellow.
6:50am Find out that I can get a prescription steroid for Henry's hives.
6:55am M is finishing breakfast, T is still laying on the couch, H is eating in his high chair.
6:57am M informs me that she is afraid to go to the bus stop without T because someone could kidnap her and she would never see me again. (Note: Not only has this child been to the bus stop without T but the bus stop is literally two houses away.) However I concede to drive her to school because it is not worth fighting about.
6:59am Jump in the shower. H is buckled in the high chair, T is still laying on the couch. M is brushing teeth and hair.
7:01am Both T and M come running into the bathroom because the phone is ringing.
7:05am I get out of the shower, get dressed.
7:07am Come out to find that T is now miraculously better and eating breakfast.
7:08am The bus drives by...so now I have to drive both kids to two different schools. M is coughing and I tell her she needs cough medicine before school.
7:15am Kids get backpacks ready, coats, boots on. Get H ready.
7:20am We are all in the car, M is still coughing and informs me that she doesn't have a snack in her backpack.
7:21am I run in and get a snack.
7:22am We are pulling out of the driveway. T informs me that he doesn't have a lunch and that he was supposed to bring a note home that his lunch account is running low.
7:30am Arrive at T's school. Stop and write a check for lunches.
7:40am Arrive at M's school. As she gets out she tells me that I forgot to give her cough medicine. I tell her to drink lots of water and she informs me that her teacher will not let her.
7:50am Arrive at pharmacy to get H's prescription filled. Find out they do not open until 9am.
7:55am Arrive at a different pharmacy and find out it doesn't open until 8:30am.
8:04am Drop some of the kids things off at their mom's house.
8:10am Realize that I can drop the prescription off in a drop box at the pharmacy that opens at 8:30am.
8:15am Arrive at home. Bring H in, set him on the bathroom floor while I dry my hair.
8:25am Read H a book, he doesn't want me to put him down. Hold him and rock for awhile.
9:00am Get everything packed up for the day. Get H in the car.
9:10am Stop to pick up prescription. Because this is his first time at this pharmacy, fill out and sign lots of papers.
9:30am Arrive at daycare and explain the hives and medication plan...
9:45am Arrive at school. T is on his way back to class from the nurse with his tummy ache.
10:00am Working...
10:30am T walks into my office and starts gagging and telling me that he is going to throw up...I hand him a recycle bin...he continues to gag.
10:40am T is now laying under a table in my office shivering with his coat and snowpants on.
10:50am T has to go home from school sick...his mom picks up since he was going to her house after school anyway.
11:00am After T is picked up I call to check on H, he is ok. I still think I should call the doc to make sure but this proves to be worthless since his regular pediatrician is now 'out' the rest of the week. The urgent care doc he saw yesterday is out until Friday...and even if I wanted to see another doc, the notes from Tuesdays visit haven't been dictated yet so there is currently no record of the visit.
The rest of the day was less eventful...when I picked H up at 2:00 his rash had already started clearing up and he looked much better. Though still not 100% clear, he's on his way to recovery...yippy skippy.
T spent some time throwing up this afternoon at his mom's house and M is still coughing...
Dull?
I think not...
3 comments:
Oh my goodness.. what a day you have had my friend! I hope tomorrow is less eventful!
i watched a commercial the other day that made me want a baby. after reading your post, i feel like i've had a week's worth of three babies - and that's only one morning and afternoon out of a million. you are an amazing woman! i can't help but wonder how single moms do it. or those who don't have the money to write checks for lunches or prescriptions. we are so blessed...
Hi there Samara ~
Very nice blog you have here! Thanks for dropping by mine and commenting too. I can see you are in what I call "the grind" of child rearing. When you are in it, you are just exhausted all the time. But I can tell you after those years are gone, you so wish you could go back to them. They go so fast! The kids grow up - us adults never age, right? lol
Hang in there and take care of yourself.
Post a Comment