Monday, January 08, 2007

Solve this Mystery

In early December I received a card in the mail addressed like this:

Simplicity in MN
XXXX Kagen Avenue
XXXXX, MN XXXXX

(Obviously the X's are for privacy reasons)

The return address was a Jody S. in Michigan (Zip code:48323)

I was very curious about what this could be and who it was from.

Inside I found a simple holiday card with a handwritten note reading: "The picture of this beautiful baby was inserted in a book we purchased online. Although she is quite beautiful we thought you would appreciate it. Happy Holidays, Jody S."

And this was the picture enclosed:

This is me, when I was three months old. Now answer me this...how did someone in MI named Jody S. get my baby picture and know to send it to Simplicity in MN??????


Update January 9, 11:50am: There are NO markings on the back of the picture saying my name or anything. It is completely blank. No date either.

6 comments:

stacey said...

That is really wierd Samara. The zip code is west bloomfield, and I think that it's by detroit. Happy hunting. Stacey

Lindahl News 2 said...

My goodness! What a bizarre story...I hope you can get it all figured out. (Might I add here that you were quite an adorable baby?) Let us know the outcome of this mystery, please.

Melissa said...

that. is. CREEPY.

oh, and happy new year. i've been keeping fairly quiet on the blogfront lately and have missed you!

Anonymous said...

ok, so the picture does look familiar, and i am still convinced your mom sent it to me at school for some reason or another. i really do recall that. so maybe i sold the book back to NPU and they sold it to someone online, or some other student did. BUT as to how they found YOU, i have no ideas on this...

abbie

Jed and Anne said...

Samara, that is absolutely bizarre! Have you gotten any more leads on the mystery? You should write a book about this!

simplicity said...

No leads yet...I think I'm going to write Jody S. a letter...