Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Normal. Blessed.


Sunday night when J was gone, the kids were good as gold. Even Monday morning during the morning routine, they were helpful, polite and kind to EACH OTHER.

Specifically T and M. (In case anyone was thinking Henry might be involved)

They typically get in the normal sibling squabbles. You know the ones..."She's looking at me." "He touched my chair."

Sunday evening and Monday morning these were non-existent. Instead I heard..."M would you like me to pour your milk?" "T, will you wait for me to go to the bus stop?"

Silly me, I should have known it was temporary.

As soon as J was home, the fighting resumed. Almost immediately.

"Dad you said you'd play a game with me yesterday, and you didn't????" M cried.

"Dad can't play a game with you if he's playing K'Nex with me." T stated matter of factly.

When they went out to play in the snow we watched them fire snowballs across the drive way at each other. Yelling at each other about who has the bigger shovel or the faster sled.

When they came in they promptly wanted to tattle to me about each and every possible 'wrong' thing the other did.

And it was music to my ears.

Because...this fighting, their sibling squabbles...is normal.

And yesterday, I longed for normal.

Today, life is normal. And normal means blessed to me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Normal is good! I can attest to the children being absolutly wonderful, including Henry. We are all truly blessed. Hope all continues to be "normal". Mumsy

Doughnut said...

I am glad for you and your family that your husband's sudden attack was not as serious as it might have been and that he is back home. You certainly have a busy schedule but when things like that happen, it makes one take stock and reprioritize what is important in life...Sending you good vibes and prayers!

Kendra Wheeler said...

Samara...I am so glad that things are getting back to normal for you...I understand what you are talking about. I am praying for you and hope that each day gets a little bit healthier!

Anonymous said...

Stubbled across your blog, and from a previous blog, "Moving On" or the one before that, I noticed a comment about "people that visit your blog regularly" and I guess I was wondering how you are able to see who comes to your blog, thats interesting, and I want that on my blog...