When M went missing
Today we were babysitting Ellie and while her and H were both napping, M and I were sitting at the table working on printing her name. The phone rang, it was my dear friend Sarah S. I sat down in the rocker to chat with her for a few moments watching M draw and write, she then went and washed her hands off. As I hung up with Sarah I realized I hadn't seen M in a few minutes. I looked in the bedrooms, the bathrooms, the basement, the garage. Her shoes and jackets were inside so she couldn't be outside could she? I started checking the closets, the showers, the cupboards even. Then I started to panic. Oh my goodness...our house isn't even big, how can I not find her inside this house. I started yelling her name, the babies still slept...where could she be??? My heart racing as I raced room to room, closet to closet worried something is wrong. Ellie woke up and wanted out of the pack and play...no way, not until I find M I said. Finally as walking down the hall I caught the glimpse of blonde hair from T's top bunk on his bed. Sound asleep I found her. Little did she know that I spent almost 40 minutes panicked...Searching. For. This. Little. Girl. 
2 comments:
i'm so glad she was safe and sound! something similar happened when my brother was 3 - while my dad had run out to ring the doorbell at my friend's house, signaling his arrival to pick me up, my brother had somehow managed to slide through the armrest pull-down shelf in the backseat and was hiding in the trunk. we were already on the road when we realized he was missing, and proceeded to FREAK OUT. what a horrible feeling! i'm glad it was all okay in the end. did the whole thing give you a gray hair or two? ;)
That Kindergarten can be exhausting - she was tired! They are so precious when they are sleeping, makes you want to pick them up and rock them all day. Mumsy
Post a Comment