Thursday, January 11, 2007

Marriage

My friend Megan posted in honor of her parents celebrating 43 years of marital bliss. What an accomplishment I say. My parents celebrated 30 years last year and I too stand in awe of that commitment and relationship especially in a time when our relationships/commitments seem so disposal. (Sadly, by societal standards!)

Marriage takes work by both parties, and there are great days, good days, so so days and the few and far between hard days. But at the end of the day hopefully you can still say what Mrs. Sall says about Mr. Sall : "Gosh I really do love him."

Last night my husband and I had an interesting exchange of conversation, it went a little something like this:

S: "Being married is sometimes like being on vacation." (I honestly don't know why I was thinking/saying this but for whatever reason it came out of my mouth)
J: "Being on vacation with three kids in an airport, yeah that's what marriage is like."

I do have to say this though, as crazy as our life seems to get sometimes, busy and changing...I am so happy to have my husband and partner in life. He makes me laugh, smile and is a great husband, father and friend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot think of a better person to be on vacation with (even with 3 kids at an airport).
Love, your travel agent :)

Anonymous said...

at least all the craziness adds some fun excitement to your life! and with samara around, i know there will never be a dull moment in jeff's life!

abbie

Jed and Anne said...

Samara, that is so sweet of both you and the Salls. It is so nice to remember how important marriage is, and what a blessing it is as well.

Anonymous said...

Don't u worry time flys.Enjoy it embelish it breath it in.I am glad you two are together and growing.
Love you Dadio