Thursday, March 22, 2007

Can You Keep A Secret?

It's somebody's sixth birthday tomorrow.

On a whim yesterday afternoon I decided that we'd re-do her bedroom to surprise her. We're by no means finished, but we've made great strides overnight.

We still have a little work to do on that solid green wall...I'm going to be looking for something to add there.

Yes this meant my husband painting and me cleaning and organizing and moving furniture.



Still pictures and a clock to be hung around here.

Until 1 AM.

And today was one of those mornings H got up at 6 AM. So to say I'm tired would be a very big understatement.

But I know that the look on her face when she sees it tonight will be priceless.

Today's her friend party and after we'll all (the kids, their mom and her husband, J and I) go to dinner. (Remember birthdays around here are seriously week long events)

Can't wait to see her reaction when she comes home after that.

Don't forget...it's a SECRET!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

what a great idea, samara! i'm sure the birthday girl is going to love her new room. one of the families i baby-sat for in college had an amazing decorating idea that was cheap (as in, when you change it up you won't feel guilty) and super-cute: she bought some cute fairy prints from allposters.com (just 5x7 size), bought plain white frames at target, and then purchase cute print wrapping paper, which she used to matte the prints. amazing! i never would have guessed that she made the four framed prints on her own OR for under $15. just a thought! i hope maddy loves her room.....and has a great birthday. how could she not, with so many people loving on her? :)

Anonymous said...

It looks fabulous. I also like Melissa's idea, perhaps the fairy theme is something....maybe I can find some fabric and make cute ruffled curtains too? You and Jeff had done a great job...catch her reaction with your camera so you can share it with us. Mumsy

Auntie said...

Wow, What a wonderful surprise, I love the color. I'm sure Maddy will love her new room. Great idea.
Happy Birthday my Sweete Princess... Have a wonderful Day.
Love You Great Auntie.

Doughnut said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter Samara! I am sure you and your husband will have made her a lifetime memory. Way to go!!!

Chris and Abbie said...

samara..i love the new room! i can't wait to come and stay in it...maddy and I can have a slumber party!
abbie