Friday, March 23, 2007

Happy Birthday M!

Today M turns 6!
The first birthday I ever celebrated with M was when she turned 2. We celebrated at my parents and she got a pink piggy bank that she still uses. It is such a fun memory because she was so little and I can visually remember the day.
This is the only picture I have from then and you'll have to pardon the glare...
She has been SO excited for her birthday. I love that she loves birthdays!

Like I've said before, birthdays around here are quite the ordeal.

Here's a few pictures from her party at Pump It Up yesterday...





























Despite a minor parental etiquette glitch...more on that next week. The kids all had a great time!

After the party, we had a nice dinner at Applebees, where Madison promptly told the hostess, "It's MY birthday!"

And then we came home.

I don't know who was more excited. Her or Me...knowing what was behind her bedroom door I could barely stand the wait to show her our hard work and efforts for her.






There had been a few clues earlier in the day. I wouldn't let her go in her room before the party, she found that odd.









Then she saw her old dresser (which was actually my old dresser) in the basement and wondered aloud why it was there.







And then when she had the camera in hand, I told her not to scroll through the pictures...(because pics of the room were on there). She was curious about that then.

But she loves it and it's wonderful.

Amazing how a little paint, rearrangment and some old new furniture really makes a room look different.

This morning we had some cinnamon rolls for breakfast, a tradition for the birthday child on their birthday.

Then M went to school with her, of course store bought, cupcakes to share with her friends.

Her teacher gave her a birthday crown and button.


It's her day and she plans to enjoy it!

Happy Birthday Miss M!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Madison! Love you so much, can't wait to see you this weekend. Love your new room design. Grandma Nan

Melissa said...

i hope maddy has a WONDERFUL 6th birthday! her room looks fabulous. what a wonderful and loving family she has!

as a side note, steven was describing you to someone last night and said, "she's an absolute riot! she has so many great stories; she should write a book!". funny, since he has no clue that's been talked about and hasn't read any of your writings. it must be a sign! :)

Chris and Abbie said...

happy birthday maddy! i hope you have a fun day! i can't wait to come see your room..it looks so fun and girly!
abbie

Auntie said...

Happy Birthday Maddy,
Hope your day is as fun as you are...
I love your new room
Miss You Love you tons
Great Aunt Laurie and Uncle Bruce.

Megasue said...

The room looks fabulous Simplicity! A job well done. I'm sure Maddy is completely delighted. Wish her a big happy birthday for me :)

Doughnut said...

Looks wonderful. Nice job Samara!!! Madison looks as happy as a peacock :)

ses said...

HOW FUN...two birthdays back-to-back! you must love the month of march in your house. happy birthday today madison! happy birthday samara (tomorrow)! :-)
-snow-