Easter
Maybe it's the fact that the weather has been less than Easter-like this year. Maybe it's just having an infant and two school age kids.
Whatever it is, Easter sure snuck up on me this year.
All of a sudden Wednesday night it dawned on me that we hadn't even decorated eggs. I couldn't believe it. I had pretty much decided it would be an Easter with no decorated eggs. However I was glad that L, the kids mom, invited H and I over on Friday for some egg decorating. While H didn't much help (he ate Cheetos) T and M had a good time decorating eggs and even shared them.

I am realizing now that there are no eggs in the picture...you'll just have to take my word for it.
And no, it's not warm enough to be wearing tank tops, T is just trying to think positively regarding this "spring" some say we're having.
We had a great Easter. We are always thankful for the time we get to spend with our families. Some of my extended family was also there (though not shown in the pics) it's always nice to see them and catch up.


We had a very nice dinner with ham, potatoes, quiche, fruit, french toast bake at my parents. 



Yes, we are color coordinated. Why? Because for whatever reason I like to do that. Yes, H and T are wearing the same outfit. Why? Because I think it's cute and I'll only get away with it for so long. Just chalk it up as me being a dork. I actually was one of those kids who LOVED dressing matching with my sisters growing up. Really and truly. I loved it. And so far from what I can tell at least H and T are enjoying it too.

As for M, she is the princess of our family. (And lately, she expects royal treatment as well, we're working on it.)
On our way home we stopped and saw J's family at his sisters house.
So in the above picture, you'll notice I'm wearing a headband. I've noticed that they are becoming a 'trendy' accessory so I thought I'd try and be cool and get one and wear it for Easter.
I had some issues...I couldn't decide if I really liked the way it looked or not. I didn't know if I was wearing it right but I decided that I needed to just try it out.
Well we went to church with my parents and little sister, and afterwards went to my parents.
While when I saw my parents they quickly complimented my sweater and headband. Shortly later, my sister, my 19 year old uber cool sister, was chuckling at me.
"What?"
"You're wearing your headband wrong. Heh. Heh."

So I got a lesson of correct headband wearing protocol for future.

So anyone who is reading this who I saw prior to church and/or lunch, I apologize for my lack of coolness.

Apparently the above picture is really how I should look when wearing this headband.
Who would have thought huh?
5 comments:
Easter day the empty tomb, the awesomeness of its meaning to all who will surrender to Gods Love.
The food and laughs were good. "fashion police" they are always watching.... ha ha.By the way the headband look good originally.
love you
daddio
glad you have a sister nearby to help you with fashion advice when you need it! cute outfits! glad to see henry got his crocs in time.
Nice pictures of a great Easter, coordinated color outfits, and headband! Thanks for sharing.
you are all just too cute - headbands toward the front or back notwithstanding. glad to see that you had a happy easter. looking forward to seeing you this week! :)
Your family looked lovely...I noticed the matching outfits for Henry and Tyler before you wrote about them. And, I loved Maddie's Easter dress, too. She had her hair flipped which was just right for a PIM (Princess in Mind).
As for your headband, it looked fine either way!
It is so wonderful to be able to celebrate with family, isn't it?
Post a Comment